Wednesday, August 09, 2006

One Month Hiatus

So I'm back, despite having not gone anywhere. I took a month off to reflect on my life and focus on my job. I spent it drinking competitively, watching Entourage and Deadwood, and actually doing my job. All in all, time well spent.

I did, however, decide that I need to be doing better things with my time. I've gotten to the point where I don't hate my job so much (this is partly because as of August 1st, I received my vacation days and promptly scheduled one) but I still don't think of it as a career path. I need to stop spending my time and money in bars. And I need to stop thinking it's a good idea to drive home afterwards.

Furthermore, life should be about two things: challenging yourself, and improving yourself, because only when you like who you are can you like someone else. I'm going to get back in shape (the basketball team I joined should help, updates on this later), I'm going to renew my literary magazine subscriptions, I'm going to get a library card, and I'm going to stop spending so much of my time and money in bars. The balls are rolling starting now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think that you are a male prostitute...

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home