Friday, August 18, 2006

Sometimes I Have A Lot Of Time On My Hands

As we're putting together a fantasy football league for the office, I'm also thinking of putting together a Russian Roulette league. One of my co-workers keeps a Nerf revolver in his cube (this thing is badass, by the way) and seeing as how it's sanctioned for use in presentations in lieu of a laser pointer, I think this activity would be company sanctioned. Judicious use of Wikipedia shows that other people have already had this idea:

All players put money in the pot. Each player in turn points the gun at their head and pulls the trigger. If the gun discharges, the person holding the gun is eliminated from the game. The last player remaining wins the pot.

Also, I like the drinking game version of this also. I'm surprised I haven't played this before:

Some students on college campuses have created a drinking game titled "Russian roulette". Similar colored shot glasses are collected and shots of water or vodka are poured into every one but one. Into the last one is poured a strong alcohol such as Everclear. The drinks are then mixed up and people randomly take a shot as a group.

Another version popular on college campuses in the 1980s was "Beer Hunter" (an obvious play on words from the most famous film depiction of the game). One can of beer in a six pack is shaken and returned to the other five. A player selecting the shaken can will have it "explode" in his face when he opens it, and must "chug" it down, as well as the other five.

This could turn out to be really fun.

I've noticed if I clap my hands a certain way while I'm walking down the hall to the bathroom, the resulting echo is kind of like a boingy sound.

This whole JonBenet thing is making me sick. I have a lot of things I could say right now, but most of them would result in horribly bad karma for me, so I'll just say, were she alive today, I'd want an invitation to her Super Sweet Sixteen. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home