Monday, February 05, 2007

GMail chat is down/blocked

My GMail chat is down. Which means, other than reading Wikipedia, I actually have to do my job today (and potentially every day from here on out). Hopefully this is just a glitch in the system, but I can't go ask my coworkers if their chat function is working or not, and I really can't go ask the network admin if he blocked it.

It should be working! It says I'm signed into chat mode. I don't have any error messages that suggest GMail should be blocked. And GMail is still transferring data from chatenabled.mail.google.com. That's a good sign, right?

Here's what I do know: Refreshing GMail every five minutes isn't helping. GMail chat is really easy to block. It's not working on either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I haven't worked uninterrupted for more than half an hour since GMail chat's been available. And I'm really lucky that, if this is the network admin's doing, its something passive aggressive, rather than an official reprimand and a sitdown with my boss in a meeting over lost productivity.

This is what erectile dysfunction must be like: All the parts are there, but only for show, and that makes you want to shoot yourself.

edit: IT'S BACK!! YESSSSSSS ITS BACK!!!!!! That was a long five hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home