Thursday, March 02, 2006

False Alarm

So yesterday afternoon, my internet was suddenly disabled. It happened almost immediately after a higher up walked into my cube on accident, looking for it's former occupant. It just so happened that I was reading an article on Slate that prominently featured Anna Nicole Smith. I could just hear it in my head: "It's not what it looks like. Don't tell!"

Fortunately for me, that higher up is someone I have lunch with regularly, and doesn't give a flip. Furthermore, everyone's network was down, due to some misbehaving IP phones. Matrix move, bullet dodged. You'd think I learned my lesson, but I spent the last hour at work yesterday talking to my boss and co-workers about whether or not it was possible to buy a Kevlar vest online. (It is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home