Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Training Week, Day 3

Yet another day of phantom traffic and no sun + fog. And another day of me wanting to take naps in the middle of my training session. At least I'm wearing a different shirt today. For the four weeks that I've been here, with the exception of Fridays and that one formal day, I've worn the same pair of khakis. Gross? I don't care. They haven't been washed or ironed in like, at least two years. Why? Because I'm an engineer, and I work with dudes in the office all day.

My mom won't cook with Teflon pans anymore because they supposedly cause cancer. Yet she has no problem packing my lunch in these "microwave-able" containers that deform with heat, and then more or less regain their original shape.

Speaking of cancer, half of my training class including my teacher are hardcore smokers. Everyone sprints outside as fast as they can when breaktime comes around. I, on the other hand, run to the bathroom or to my cube to check my email. At least we have our priorities straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home