Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Simple Things, Really

So I was at the pho place close to my office, enjoying a bowl of noodles with eye of round and bible tripe, writing on my laptop, when DC (the CEO of my company) walks over to my table. He and some of the higher ups had just finished lunch and were about to leave. He then says that he's going to pay for my lunch. I of course put up an argument, saying it was unnecessary, but DC would have none of it.

I must admit, right now, I am very enthusiastic about my job. As soon as I finish this entry, I'm going to work like it's my first day. I wonder how long this feeling of diligence is going to last.

What a cool guy. DC is definitely the coolest hood in the City of God.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, those corporate types actually do that kinda stuff all the time. They take us to dine on McKinney Ave. all the time, either Javier's or Abacus where they ring up bills in the thousands. So I'd be like "a noodle lunch....u cheap effin bastard"....coulda offered to pay the rest of the week...oh and lighten up Chris I did'nt mean Wang was gonna be fired per ur wang-sucing comment...

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, I read this every single day... and every day I feel like maybe I wrote this... since it perfectly describes my own day... oh the working world.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Lusty L'Heureux said...

oh my gooooooood god! how much do i want dallas pho right now???! it's like so much better than chicago pho :(

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home