Monday, March 13, 2006

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

My 4Runner is acting up. The Check Engine light is screaming at me to take it in for a tuneup. Last time that light was lit, my car nearly exploded. I try to take good care of Baby (hey, if Danny Tanner can name his car Walter) because she's at the tender age of 182,000 miles. And also in the last year I've spent close to 500 dollars on a new CD player and XM radio. Now she's just sitting in the driveway while I drive my mom's Camry to work, waiting for an opportunity to get to my mechanic. The worst part is regular radio sucks compared to XM. Thirteen dollars a month is definitely worth it to not hear people yammering on like it's their job.

I'm so freaking tired. I couldn't sleep last night for whatever reason, and ended up going to get Whataburger with Jetlagged Ewing at 6AM. We decided to go visit our old high school swim coach, only to find out that he's on spring break. I got about 45 minutes of snooze button interrupted sleep this morning at 8AM. So this morning at work I decided to load up on Mountain Dew. Our vending machine is known for dispensing extra products, but it's never happened for me. Today is my lucky day, I got two for the price of one. It's as if the karmic gods knew that I'd pass out at my desk without them.

My coworker Gary witnessed this fortunate transaction, and mentioned that he's been trying to score a double on that machine for three weeks. He told me that I should go to Vegas. I replied with the fact that I don't get vacation days for another four months. He countered with, "You might not need vacation days after Vegas." True that, double true. I'm not about to blindfold myself and run across lanes of traffic yet, but I think I will go buy lottery tickets tonight after work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like comic book guy from the simpsons, i'd like to comment on the time variations from the time ur blog is posted and the time you claim it to currently be. Clarify my office dwelling, noodle armed chum, as you seem to have some time traveling mechanism at your disposal.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home