Thursday, February 09, 2006

Here, take my card

My business cards arrived today. There must be 500 of them in that box. I'm sure my mom would like to have one framed to go next to my diploma. I don't really know why I need business cards, other than to drop them in the fishbowls at cash registers to get a free lunch (my boss's idea). In fact, I think that's the only reason engineers order business cards. Because they sure as hell don't keep them in their wallet for girls to write their numbers on.

That being said, I feel more like a real employee now. My first business card that isn't from VistaPrint. Yay!

Edit: Today is lengthy system test day. Unfortunately for me, I have to sit at my desk while they run to monitor it. Fortunately for me, I stumbled across this cool website with all sorts of neat articles. Read the one about the parasite crustacean that becomes the tongue of the host fish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lusty L'Heureux said...

ahahaha! dood... i have three large boxes full of business cards--completely useless. even on occassions when i should be giving out business cards, i've always forgotten to bring them. i'm a fcking analyst. no one gives a shit about me--except for graduating 4th years out of college.. hahaha

yeah... job fairs. thats about the only time when a person at our level would ever be needing to be doling out the b-cards.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home