Monday, April 17, 2006

Don't Be Afraid To Succeed

My friend Trandy just sent me this via AIM:

Maxim Magazine is looking for an experienced fact-checker to work in
the research department on a full-time freelance basis.

A good sense of humor, appreciation for pop culture, and willingness
to work long hours on short notice are an absolute must.

The ideal candidate will have at least one year fact-checking
experience, but individuals with strong editorial research experience
should still apply. Applicants must be willing to work in-house at the
Maxim office on a full-time basis.

Health benefits and 401k are not included, but this is a steady
position and, for those interested, may offer the opportunity to pitch
and write for the magazine. Please contact jobs@maximmag.com, address your cover letter to the research chief.


This is one of those gut-check moments where you find out who you really are. In the event that I get the offer, do I quit my job and go? I'm a little hesitant at the idea. Some might say I've gotten comfortable here. Others might say I'm stuck in a rut. I guess I'll decide when the time comes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I actually think I might apply for the job (I have the required expierence).

Funny blog - keep it up!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha eric, your dumbass just got yourself a more qualified competitor.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home