Thursday, April 27, 2006

Demo Dick

I'm currently reading Rogue Warrior, it's a book by Richard Marcinko detailing his Navy SEAL exploits in the Vietnam War, and how he went on to form SEAL Team Six, the best counter-terrorist group in the world. In my opinion, the most exciting part about being a SEAL is the HALO insertion, or High Altitude, Low Opening parachuting. With that in mind, I went bungee jumping last night with some of my friends.

I'm not scared of heights so much as I am scared of pulling the trigger. I'd like to imagine that I'm one of the paratroopers in Band of Brothers, standing in the door and then calmly stepping out of the plane. In actuality, this is nowhere near the case. I stood at the edge, seriously concerned for my safety, as the jumpmaster and my friends shouted encouragement in the form of emasculating insults. All I had to do was pull the trigger.

And it wasn't so bad. We ended up doing a 100 foot (3 second) freefall after that.

My boss is still out sick, but we got the email today that said he might be making it to work in the afternoon. I think that's just one of those things you say to the people you work with to not seem like a bum, and I doubt he'll be in today. Mainly because he lives 35 miles away. And I doubt a man recovering from the flu really wants to drive 70 miles just to put in 4 hours at the office.

Danger #437 of napping in your car: Eye allergies. I'm like Cyclops right now. Minus the cool special ability. And the banging Jean Grey part.

Remodeling started today at the office. There are a bunch of guys with sledgehammers smashing things. If I didn't need this job, that's totally what I'd do for a living.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful Eric ... you mean "its" (for possession), not it's (short for "it is.") [See your reference to Microsoft ... "has it's period"]
Robbie

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home